Monday, June 13, 2011

FISH OIL IS WORKING!


I recently wrote of our concern for Jameson and his speech.  His is receiving Speech Therapy through First Steps.  Our fantastic therapist recommended a book called, The Late Talker (by Algin) and it was changed our son's life.

The most important and effective information we acquired from the book was from Chapter 8.  It spoke of the value of fish oil supplements.

Immediately after I finished the book, I went to Good Earth (a local organic store in Broad Ripple that has EVERYTHING good for you!).

I chose, from the MANY options, this Coromega - an orange flavored individual packaged supplement that is packed with DHA, GLA, EPA, Omega-3 and fish oil.
Jameson started this supplement in late May.

Today - the boy is speaking in 3 word phrases all the time. (the only one he could say 2 weeks ago was Thank you, mom...
He is giving directions -
Mama cookie now (then, after saying "what do you say") please (peas)
Bye Bye (fill in many names!)
Roll Roll Roll
Mommy lay down
Ready Go

And he is clearly (using good sounds) saying
Yes
No
House
Okay
Oh No

I have been telling about this phenomenon to everyone I know with a child with speech issues - and guess what....Good Earth is sold out of their Coromega!
I know it has nothing to do with me...but others are seeing it's value too!

I am excited that the light switch is turning on in our son...he is getting his voice!

No comments: