Wednesday, November 9, 2011

JJ our Halloween Mess




Jameson gave us quite a "Scare" on Halloween this year.
I was upstairs and as always, JJ, wanted to go get a snack by himself.  I keep apples, bananas, plums and nectarines in the bottom drawer of our frig so our kids can have a healthy snack anytime they want.  Unfortunately, JJ's just a little too independent....

I hear him screaming downstairs.
I come upon my son, standing at the open frig with a knife in his hand and a banana in the other.  Let's just say, he missed the stem. (something he has seen me slit anytime I get him a banana to ease the peeling - which he insists upon doing himself too). 
Blood was everywhere, because out of pain and fear, he began to shake his hand to ease the pain....oh the sight.
Thankfully, after over an hour of being on the phone with Joe, Bammy, the pediatrician's office and then later, Dr. Jim....things calmed down a bit. 
No need for stitches - just a tight butterfly bandaid and some Neosporin.

As you can see from the photo, the night before, he had also clocked his eye with the corner of his sister's dresser....

Appropriately being Halloween, that was enough blood for me in a 24 hour period!

Oh JJ...we love you :)

Joe, Megan, Joey, Morgan, Jameson and Baby Jackson!

No comments: