Friday, December 30, 2011

Oaks Christmas Party

Joey's First Grade class had a party on their last day of school before Christmas Break.  The 2 other parent reps and I took the party to another level by providing supplies to create Gingerbread Houses for each of the 48 kids in all 3 of the first grade classes.

I made the crazy decision to make homemade Gingerbread House icing (it's cheaper that way AND it's like glue!)  I looked on Pinterest.com to find a recipe with egg whites, powdered sugar and cream of tartar...then I put a few cups worth of icing into 48 bags....uggg.

BUT - it was a huge success and SUPER FUN that day!  Worth every minute of time - thank goodness for a Kitchen Aid mixer - the icing  took 16 lbs of powdered sugar and 3 dozen eggs!!!

The day of the party, we celebrated together all afternoon.  The kids made gingerbread houses, they were read the story The Tale of the Three Trees, they had delicious "snacks" which was more like a feast! and they gave Mrs. Kilmer their gifts. 

I got a photo of almost every child in the class with their masterpieces, as well as some other photos of the morning...




Thank goodness for ALL the volunteers that day!





Jameson was my helper making the icing the night before







Mrs. Kilmer opening her presents from the class







Merry Christmas Oaks Academy!


No comments: