These past few years, I think I have developed a new hobby.
I love to garden!
I can't say I am any good at it.
I can't really take much credit for the fact that you move some dirt, put in a seed, let rain and sun on it and then...you have a plant.
I DO take credit for the labor and sweat it takes to get said soil prepared (and each year expanded about 4 feet!).
I DO take credit for choosing to plant perennial plants like rhubarb and asparagus that require VERY little effort!
And I am thankful I have a rain barrel - that's a helpful addition too.
But the ONE thing I am PUMPED that I have figured out how to do (which really is not that big a deal) is to save seeds and plant them! HA! I am beating the system! I literally took seeds from spaghetti squash and butternut squash, dried them for 3 days, then planted them in the ground....we'll see if they get me any squash :)
But so far, it's working!
No comments:
Post a Comment