Happy 7th Birthday to our sweet Morgan - you are smart, kind, thoughtful, social, playful, messy, and passionate. We love you so very much!
She had a very special kind of birthday - she hosted a few of her 1st grade friends at the Rivi for a Swim Party. But what was unique was how she chose to celebrate:
Here's the email that was sent to her friends' parents:
Your daughter is invited to attend Morgan Schmidt's Swimming Birthday Party
on Monday, December 30th from 1pm - 3pm at the Riviera Club (5640 N Illinois St, Indianapolis, IN 46208)
Please
have your daughter pack a swim suit and towel and come enjoy a time of
indoor swimming fun, plus cake and ice cream afterwards.
Even if your child isn't the strongest swimmer, the depth of the pool is shallow enough that they can touch. :)
Instead of gifts, Morgan would like to do a fundraiser for the Center for Global Impact.
Each
of your daughters will get a small gift for attending the party that
was hand crafted by a woman from Cambodia. Family friends of ours have
partnered and even visited this organization and this is one small way
Morgan feels she can contribute too to the lives of these women and
children in Cambodia. So, if you feel led, just put some cash in a card
towards a larger donation Morgan hopes to give as a gift to CGI :)
Center for Global Impact © 2013
Center for Global Impact is a faith-based relief and development
organization designed to creatively connect financial and human
resources with people who desperately need them with the ultimate goal
of opening doors to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Because of the donations her friends gave her for her birthday - she raised $83 for CGI.
I gave them an even $100 online right before the New Year, with a brief explanation of what Morgan did and here is the response that the CEO of CGI sent to us!
Dear Megan and Morgan,
What
a wonderful blessing it was to read of the birthday party you had that
helped to raise money to help kids & families in Cambodia. I think
it is absolutely awesome that you decided not to ask for gifts for
yourself, but rather asked your friends to give money to help people on
the other side of the world! I must admit that I am truly inspired by
you Morgan. I want you to know that I have shared your story with many
of my friends and I have told everyone here at CGI, including our board
members, about you and what you have done to help people in Cambodia.
It is awesome to see God at work in the life of a 7 year old! THANK
YOU for being generous, thinking of others, and for sharing the love of
Jesus!
I hope I get to meet you someday to thank you in person.
Sincerely,
Nathan Cecil
P.S. Do you know about CGIKids? If not, you can learn more by visiting this website - http://centerforglobalimpact.org/cgi-kids/.
What you did with your birthday party is exactly what we envision for
CGIKids! You are now a CGI Kid :-) Question: Could we interview you
and write a story about what you did? We would like to share your
awesome story with others!
Nathan Cecil
Chief Operating Officer
Center for Global Impact
2650 Fairview Place, Ste. W
Greenwood, IN 46142
Phone: (317) 294-9951
No comments:
Post a Comment