Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I remember the very first Mother's Day after Joey was born (which was just a few weeks after his birth).  I remember the pastor at our church asking moms to stand and be recognized...I rememeber feeling so proud, so fulfilled...Mother's Day is just really special to me.  I guess because I feel I am doing just want I was created to do.  I feel so very blessed to be called "Mom".

I must add, that Jameson has just recently mastered the skill of saying my name.  Being 2 years old and with few words for his age gave us some concern and he is even in speech therapy through First Steps to assist with his speech development.  But after waiting for nearly 2 years to hear the word "mommy" out of his mouth, I can honestly say, it melts my heart.

Recently he has even mastered the more common way my name is said by his siblings..."Maaaa aaam" with a sort of sarcastic tone as if to say, "come on mom, work with me here!"

I got breakfast in bed on Mothers Day with all 4 kids and daddy piled into our "Family Bed" as Joey calls it when everyone is on there.
I got a massage gift certificate from Joe and a blueberry bush and butterfly bush from the kids.
It was a relaxing, wonderful day for me.

I am so proud to be a mom and I think I enjoy Mother's Day more than my own birthday...because being a mom is what I was made to be.



Bammie came over for brunch 


Joey made me a sign :)
 Joe, Megan, Joey, Morgan, Jameson and Baby Jackson!

No comments: