Here were my January Goals and how I did:
1. Laundry - every day. period. YES!
2. Drink Water - every day (24 oz minimum) YES!
3. 30 Day Challenge: NEARLY EVERYDAY (not so much on Sundays)
4. GET TO THE GYM (atleast once a week) - YES! Gonna up that goal to 3xs a week
5. Leave 3 bites on my plate each meal ADJUSTING THIS GOAL - INSTEAD: JUST NOT ALLOWING MYSELF TO EAT ANY FOOD FROM MY KIDS PLATE....There is something in me that needs to have a finished (happy) plate...I can't leave 3 bites, just can't...but leaving 3 bites and then finishing Morgan's plate is counter productive...so setting myself up for success here - NO KID'S LEFTOVERS!
6. READ - Per the suggestion from a dear friend of mine, I have started reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp - IT IS AMAZING!!!!
READ IT...now...seriously.
7. Do not allow clutter in our bedroom (Keep it a place of PEACE)- THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A GREAT GOAL FOR ME - it really does add PEACE to our bedroom
8. Get back on the E-mealz bandwagon - DID IT and doing well with it
9. Run the Roomba everday - YES! and it's another souce of PEACE for me - walking in the door and seeing your carpets and floors clean after the chaos of the morning...thank you Roomba!
10. Finish the big huge painting - Didn't happen :(
So, some things I am adding for February that I am adding to my goal list are:
11. DRINK WITH FRIENDS - coffee, water while working out or wine (which I bet you thought was what I meant all along!) - being in fellowship with other women is life giving to me....but the reality is, I have 4 kids and a husband getting his MBA - so I need to be purposeful with my time and outward focused with my efforts....looking forward to keeping this goal!
12. USE TECHNOLOGY - my dad got me an Android Bionic and Joe got me the data plan for Christmas - so here are my must-have APPS that have made my life easier an I intend to continue to utilize to reach my goal...
I am reading the bible in a year - and it tracks, checks off and guides me on which chapters to read each day...it's awesome and totally helping me reach my goal
I am LOVING tracking my runs, workouts and 30 day challenge - it gives me a weekly text with my miles, calories burned and while running, it tracks how far and how fast you go...a great tool.
Grocery IQ is another helpful list maker for me...you can keep one big list, plus specify where to get items on the list as well - so Costco, Target, Kroger, Lowes...no need for paper and pen anymore!
Lastly, but not least AT ALL is Pinterest.
It is so life-giving for me...I am not an addict (although I can see where that can happen quite easily)...but it is a great resource for me...so craft ideas, recipes, home decorating, cool quotes...all kinds of good stuff are on there ..."Follow" me if you choose to join!
So a GOAL of mine for this month is to CREATE items I have "repin"ned onto my board - maybe I'll knock out that painting of the canvas (see January goal #10) with ideas I find on Pinterest
If you have APP suggestions that you think are "must-have's" I would love to hear about them!
13. CREATE stuff pinned on Pinterest
14. Being that it is February, I am going to add a goal of loving my husband purposefully this month...notes, texts, small gifts, and we definitely need to do a date night
Here's to a Happy February!



No comments:
Post a Comment