Today marks the end of a special time in our son's life. Jameson turns 3 on Friday....so because of that, his services through First Steps have ended. And sadly, because of that, we don't get to see Jenny, our speech therapist, every Monday morning anymore.
Jenny has been a gift to our son. She has been a gift to me.
I am forever grateful for what she has given our Jameson. A boy who at 2 years old was still silent...a "quiet spirit", we called him...but there was something in there....and SHE brought it out.
She told me about a book and when I read it, I learned about the value of Omega-3s in Jameson's diet - it gets his mind going each morning...which gets his words forming more and more.
We talked throughout the sessions...about JJ, about life, about kids, about parenting, about cooking, about school...she has become a friend.
More than anything, Jameson has blossomed. He is no longer silent, no longer a "quiet" spirit...he is alive, excited, happy, and he is understood.
What a gift Jenny has given our child - a voice! a confidence! a trust! and we are forever thankful.
I look forward to the day we invite Jenny to Jameson's speech contest or play or singing performance...to celebrate how he's grown, who he's become, because she came alongside us and helped.
More than she'll ever know. :)
THANK YOU JENNY! We'll miss you!

No comments:
Post a Comment