Well, January was a complete success in regards to reaching the goals I set in January. The only time I got a little behind was when I was dealing with broncitis, I was taking care of Joe who was home sick with Strep (twice!) or when Joey got a puking bug for a day, then a fever he couldn't beat for the next 2 days...but even in the midst of illness, vomit, bloody noses (which happened simultaneously with vomit), and the usual blow out diapers and spit up of a newborn...I remained, well, Happy!
Here' what my goals where, which I accomplished on a daily basis consistently:
(I have a goal chart with check marks to prove it!)
DAILY GOALS:
Water, Laundry (atleast 1 load a day), Ice (we don't have an ice machine), Note (wrote a note and mailed it to someone), Bible, Book (reading Purpose Driven Life, which has daily devotionals), Journal (1 sentence a day), Joe (just do something nice for him), Sleep, Exercise
Now, to be honest, exercise is just not happening daily, but I'm pleased with the effort. Additionally, I have a 2 month old, so sleep is not like 8 hours straight, but I DO feel rested and that's because I am getting to bed at 10pm (most nights) and getting up at 7am (most mornings).
MY ONE SENTENCE JOURNAL: (Some highlights of this month)
1/1/11
I had a migraine tonight, so Joey left a note on my pillow that said "I Love You" to make me feel better.
1/2/11
Morgan admitted that the pee smeel on the couch was an accident she had "But it was way back when I was 3" (She just turned 4 on Dec. 29th!)
1/7/11
Went to see Butler play CSU tonight with Joe and realize I am SO FAR from the person I was in college - by God's Grace.
1/9/11
We were about to watch AFV for our Family Night and the rule was, Everything in the Romper Room needed picked up and put away. Of course, the only items left were Morgan's piles of fairies and dress up clothes...we called for her and FINALLY she came out of JJ's room with tools tucked everywhere into her PJ pants..."What? I was working!" was her excuse for the delay.
1/19/11
Joey was sick today - temp of 102 - after throwing up...he said "I love you, mom" - I guess he was just glad I was by his side.
1/20/11
I want to always remember the sweet smile and bright blue eyes of my 2 year old baby boy JJ.
1/24/11
I heard the 6pm Butler bells, in the quiet, downstairs, holding a FINALLY sleeping baby, while Joe played with the other 3 upstairs.
1/27/11
Jameson poured a whole bag of Cocoa Roos on the family room floor - Mr. Destructo - and I adore him.
MONTHLY GOALS:
Book (Purpose Driven Life)
1 on 1 with Joey - I coached his final game of the season for basketball at Tab. (Joe had Strep) We lost, but I think Joey thought it was pretty fun to home mom on the sidelines!
1 on 1 with Morgan - we did some grocery shopping and of course, had a milkshake
Family Activity - AFV (it's a tv show), Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune (Joe is Alex in Jeopardy and Joey is Pat in Wheel of Fortune)
Help in Joey's Classroom - on 1/31 I helped with "Snow Day" - just in the knick of time!
Date Joe - we went to Terre Haute for a Barbershop event that was super fun. Rip Chord and the wives of Rip Chord enjoyed a day together in Terre Haute.
Well, Good Bye January...Hello February...which is LOVE month for the Happiness Project! Feb. goals will be my next post!
Joe, Megan, Joey, Morgan, Jameson and Baby Jackson!
No comments:
Post a Comment