I have truly found happiness these last few days...in just not having as much stress! It's amazing how I feel more patient, feel less overwhelmed, and enjoy my children!
Here is what I have committed to doing DAILY:
I start my day, throwing a load of laundry into the washer...which usually means, I am taking a load out of the dryer to carry it back upstairs...so far I have stayed ahead of the laundry and am doing just 1 to 2 loads a day. (BIG IMPROVEMENT and WAY LESS STRESSFUL to manage)
I empty the ice tray - and now we have so much, I think I can skip that task on the weekend!
Drinking water has been super easy. (three 24 oz waterbottles a day - which I carry with me everywhere I go)
Christmas has made it super easy this month, to send out a note to someone I care about (thank you notes galore right now!)
Doing something extra special for Joe (even if it's just coffee in the morning) has been a pleasure to do - but I need some more creative ideas...
Reading the bible has been quite rewarding...I have come upon scriptures that support my efforts - of gaining more patience, loving others, and seeing God's gifts right in front of me that sometimes I have missed- because I am too tired, frustrated or overwhelmed..
I have journaled a daily sentence, that I think I will add to this blog once a week. They have consistently been funny things one of my kids have said or done.
And I am reading Purpose Driven Life (last time I read it was 2004 - before kids!) and it has reminded me daily that my happiness is not really the focus, it's Jesus! Interestingly enough, the very first day of My Happiness Project, the first sentence of this book was: "It's not about you!" which was a very good reminder that although I am taking actions to increase MY "happiness", ultimately, my life should be focused on glorifying God in all I do...which I must say, is much easier when I'm not stressed out and impatient with my kids!
Another suggestion in the Happiness Project book is the create lists - so here is mine:
JUST DO IT:
-Take a cart in at the grocery store (or from another person to spare them the burden of taking it back)
-Be OK with who I am now (for example, I am a mom of 4 and that's about it - but, I'M OK WITH IT!)
-If you can't find something, CLEAN (specifically, pacifiers!)
-PRAY constantly
-Require a "Singing Voice" when necessary (from you OR your children!)
-Write Thank You Notes
-Take friends treats
-Wear cute underwear
-Paint your toes
-Plant a bigger garden (or compost in the meantime)
Find Happiness today!
Joe, Megan, Joey, Morgan, Jameson and Baby Jackson!
No comments:
Post a Comment