Thursday, February 10, 2011

Belated 2nd Birthday Party for Jameson

Poor Jameson, being born in February pretty much guarantees a cold birthday...but who would have thought that his 2nd birthday would be in the midst of one of the harshest ice storms in Indiana history! We were virtually trapped in our home for four days, with Jameson's birthday (and what would have been his 2nd Birthday PARTY) we had to celebrate halfway.
a. I had not bought a cake mix yet (the plan was to go on the Tuesday before his birthday...and then it rained ice...and froze)
b. I had only gotten him 1 gift (again, see "plan" from a.)
c. I had never made a cake from scratch before...



So the make shift "Snow Day" Birthday Cake for Jameson's 2nd Birthday served it's purpose, tasted..well, pretty good, but needless to say, SELF RISING Flour is something you MUST use (all purpose just doesn't cut it!)

Today, we celebrated the belated birthday the way it should have been! Our sweet boy loves trucks, hammers, building blocks and destroying things...so of course, it was a CONSTRUCTION PARTY! And it was super fun!



There was a Dump Truck Pinata (with lots of noisy whistles, toys and bubble gum inside!)



JJ had fun opening presents...this one was a STOMP ROCKET!



Jameson's good buddy, Eli, enjoyed the magnifying glass best!





Jameson got some wonderfully fun presents and I think everyone had a fun time!
Can't believe our son is 2! How quickly the time has gone...

Joe, Megan, Joey, Morgan, Jameson and Baby Jackson!

No comments: