Monday, February 28, 2011

Good Bye February!

HAPPINESS PROJECT FEBRUARY -
Wow, can February just be gone already!

I must say, this has been a month of snow, ice, sickness and cabin fever.

It's hard to focus on LOVE when you can barely get everyone healthy enough in the house to function...and when we were ready to get out and go, we were trapped in the house due to Snow Days, Ice Storms, Sub-zero temps and oh yeah...someone wasn't feeling well again!

As far as my personal goals for February, well, I did pretty well considering...
The goals that carried over from January and will hopefully just remain a constant in my life for good are:
Drink water, Do a load of laundry everyday, Open the Bible, 1 Sentence Journal, Proof of Love to Joe, Sleep (bed by 10pm, up by 7am)

Then there were some new goals for February, that I did ok with, and will be added to my daily checklist (but did't HAVE to happen daily):
New Recipe for dinner, Photo of Life, Hug (6 seconds minimum), Read a book


The goal of this month was to focus on my marriage and loving my husband.  And to be honest, it was super difficult.  Having 4 kids just makes "focus" on anything nearly impossible.  It's like juggling balls, while someone is throwing things at you, it's raining and your hands are slippery and you've got an itch on your nose!

So, I think I failed this month. 

I guess, you'll have to ask Joe if he felt loved (or "more" loved than usual).

My best efforts were extra special things that, thank God for Amazon.com, allowed me a few extra acts (or "proofs" as I've started to call them) of kindness/love.

I started the month with The Awesome Book of Thanks left in the front driver seat of his car.

Then, of course Valentine's Day was an easy "gift giving day" - got him some much needed jeans and pants from Old Navy.  Also gave him another great book called the "I Like You" book.


Then, today, the last day of the month, I gave him a Sing a Ma Jig that sings "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" which is a Barbershop song through and through.  It's quite funny to hear it sung by one of these odd sort-of stuffed animals.  It made him smile.






Daily, I made coffee and I packed his lunch almost every weekday...new things I had not done before (atleast consistently)...but does that show any love to him?...who knows...it was all I could do, quite honestly, amidst the craziness of my life this month.
I also have texted him with ILY (I love you) and thought of him often during the day and would just send a quick message to let him know it...

Some things I DID NOT DO, that were goals...that maybe I'll try again in a later month:
Spend Time Alone Together
Play Games (goes hand in hand with that alone time that didn't happen)
"Extreme Nice" for 1 week (too tired)
Don't expect Praise (this one, I think I will never be able to master...)
Fight Right (No Nevers or Always) - good goal, hard to remember under stress!


Here are some 1 Sentence Joural entries from this month:
2/1/11 Snow Day = Pajama Day!  Even Joe got to leave early from work due to bad weather!

2/2/11 Jameson was up until 10pm...smiling...running - just needed rocked to sleep.  Schmidt Olympics was a success!

2/3/11  Art Day and Jameson's B-day - he's such a different child then a year ago...so happy...smiles all the time...still no talking

2/4/11  Wheel of Forune with Joey, JJ doing CPR on JT, me sick (again) with strep = Snow Day #4

2/7/11  I feel like I can't keep up with laundry...it's gonna ALWAYS keep coming!

2/11/11 CRAZY BUSY DAY!
Muffins with Mom at Oaks, straight to CPR at IMPA.
Joe experienced JT Blow Out - held him over the SINK! to clean him :) amidst the craziness of getting both baby boys to Raes and Morgan at ECC...finished the day shooting Stomp Rocket into the green bowl.

2/23/11 I am not pretending my life is happy...but I definitely force on those rose colored glasses sometimes.

2/26/11  I put Jackson in the mirror with me and he stared at himself and smiled and laughed.  I think he may actually look a little like me!


Well, there is some exciting stuff coming tomorrow - March is "LIGHTEN UP" month with a focus on PARENTING.  I have some GREAT books to read and I plan to blog a ton about all the insights I will get.

Check back tomorrow for the game plan! 

GOODBYE FEBRUARY!  I am SO ready for March..and sunshine...and being outside...and healthy kids...and healthy Joe...and healthy ME!

Here are a few fun photos taken these last few days too!








Let March begin!

No comments: