Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Resolutions

In 2011, I tried to do The Happiness Project philosophy - it's a great book!  I was pretty successful at keeping up with my goals, but some didn't happen.

So this year, I am going to try to take on that same goal setting philosophy, with a small twist....I will not determine my goals for the month until that month arrives...that way, I can set goals that match what is going on in my life...

So, for January:
ORGANIZE and REVITALIZE...I wonder if all my goals will rhyme :)
I think I'll try for 10 goals a month...

1.  Laundry - every day.  period.
2.  Drink Water - every day (24 oz minimum)
3.  30 Day Challenge:

4. GET TO THE GYM (atleast once a week) - it's the childcare part that I need to take advantage of - with Joe starting his MBA this year is going to be crazy!!
5. Leave 3 bites on my plate each meal (just heard this on the radio and think it's genious - it says if you do this, you could lose up to 20 lbs in a year)
6. READ - not sure what yet, but I've got a few books on my nightstand waiting to be held
7.  Do not allow clutter in our bedroom (Keep it a place of PEACE)- put stuff away immediately, hang what I just wore back up if I don't need to wash it, put shoes on shoe rack, etc.
8.  Get back on the E-mealz bandwagon - it's the best way for me to be cost efficient and non-stressed about "what's for dinner"
9.  Run the Roomba everday - it's this fantastic robot type vacuum that literally runs around our floors, cleans up and goes back to it's port - all I have to do is press "start" - It's a no brainer in keeping our downstairs swept.  Why haven't I used it more often?
10.  Finish the big huge painting -  I have had a canvas for over a year waiting to be painted

We'll see how I do...  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Great list! I need me one of those vacuums! Isn't it crazy how we buy things to make life easier, but forget that we actually have to turn them on and use them for them to be effective? I am motivated by your list!